Mason jars give a rustic charm to your décor, and these inexpensive crafting building blocks are even more versatile than you would imagine. From bug-repellant candles, to hanging herb gardens, and even decorative tissue holders, check out some of the most popular Mason jar crafts that have been creating a buzz on social media!
Creative Ways to Light Things up
Mason jars are perfect for making candles and lamps, but you aren’t limited to just putting a tea light in the bottom and calling it a day. Here are some uniquely creative ideas for lighting up both indoors and outdoors with your own Mason jar creations.
- Keep bugs away from your Labor Day barbecue with these attractive, wonderful-smelling insect repellent Mason jar luminaries (see photo above).
- This easy-to-make outdoor light adds extra illumination and an artistic touch to your screened-in porch (it’s not suited for areas that are exposed to the elements). Beautiful!
- These Mason jar citronella torches are quick and easy to make and will keep the mosquitoes at bay during your next outdoor get-together.
- These whimsical fairy lights are easy to make and fun for both teens and adults. They don’t require any electricity, so you can even make several and line them up along your deck’s side rail to give an otherworldly atmosphere to your outdoor living area.
- These poured mason jar candles allow you to choose your own scent and color to customize a candle that matches your décor and personal taste.
Coloring Methods for a Rainbow of Possibilities
Whether you’re using Mason jars as vases, to store things in, or as simple stand-alone decorative touches, coloring them lets you add creative flair and make sure they coordinate perfectly with your existing décor. You can use the following techniques to achieve very different effects with your Mason jars.
- These ombré tinted Mason jars have a lovely, vivid color while still staying transparent, and the dip-dyed effect is eye-catching.
- These metallic-tinted Mason jars have the appearance of antique mercury glass. Their color is the perfect accent for your fall décor; they would look gorgeous as vases for fall color bouquets.
- These colored Mason jars are painted with chalkboard paint for a pastel, matte look. Gently sand the color off of the raised wording on the jar for a stylish finishing touch (see photo above).
Space-Saving Mason Jar Planters
- This DIY Mason jar herb garden is made with a board, pipe clamps, ribbon, and some Mason jars. You can arrange it vertically or horizontally, and it looks great mounted on the wall or propped in the window.
- This Mason jar herb garden is as simple as it gets: because you use a jar holder, there’s almost no assembly required.
- This beautiful Mason jar herb garden has a sophisticated suspended vertical design that maximizes a small space with style.
Organize your Home with Style
We’ve all seen grungy Mason jars filled with spare screws and nails and pushed to the back of a closet shelf. But Mason jars have so much more potential—done right, Mason jars can become the perfect blending of storage and style. These DIY storage ideas are prime examples.
- This hanging storage system uses Mason jars to help you organize your kitchen in a way that is both stylish and inexpensive.
- Here is a handy way to use Mason jars as under-shelf storage for all sorts of small odds and ends.
- This DIY Mason jar bathroom organizer will help you save valuable counter space, de-clutter your bathroom, and add rustic style to your bathroom as you keep things such as cosmetics and cotton balls organized and at your fingertips when you need them.
There are so many fun Mason jar crafts out there! Here are a few more:
- This Mason jar tissue holder is simple to make and a fun decorative touch for something that you have to keep around the house, and that usually isn’t much of a style highlight. You can also use one of the jar decorating ideas above to customize your Mason jar before you make it into a tissue holder.
- This jack o’lantern Mason jar luminary is a fun craft project for kids, and it also fits in well with general fall décor or as part of a Halloween table centerpiece.
- This Mason jar yarn organizer is a handy way to keep your knitting or crocheting yarn neat and tidy.
What’s your favorite Mason jar craft? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Stop by our website to learn more about our easy solutions to everyday problems, so you can spend less time cleaning and more time decorating!