See how Wet & Forget Indoor Beats Bleach and Defeats Mold and Mildew!

See how Wet & Forget Indoor Beats Bleach and Defeats Mold and Mildew!

Mold and mildew can make a disgusting mess out of your bathroom, basement or kitchen. It’s musty odor can take over large areas of your home before you know it. Using bleach to clean up the mess may prolong the problem. It can also cause damage to the surface you’re trying to clean. Wet & Forget Indoor Mold + Mildew Disinfectant Cleaner eliminates mold and mildew and inhibits re-growth without all the hassle involved with using bleach. Read on to see how Wet & Forget Indoor will beat bleach at it’s game, and leaves you smiling!

Mold and Mildew: a Musty Menace

Mold and mildew can grow on any surface in your home where there is sufficient moisture. Sneaky mold spores float through the air and begin to grow as soon as they land on a moist surface. It’s no secret, mold loves moisture.

it’s most common in damp areas such as your basement, laundry room, bathroom, or areas with poor air circulation.

Mold not only looks bad–it can also leave indelible stains, and even digest certain materials and cause permanent damage. Mold also creates that characteristic musty odor that can spread throughout your home. It can even soak into your furniture and clothing. Mold and mildew growth can become a health issue for your family by contributing to conditions like asthma and allergies.

indoor-sprayer

Why Bleach isn’t the Solution

Bleach used to be the go-to cleaner for mold and mildew back in the old days. But, you will run into some problems reaching for the bleach bottle to solve your mold problem. Here’s why:

  • It’s harsh. Bleach has a pH of about 12 on a scale of 0-14, which makes it pretty caustic. Bleach will ruin your clothes if you accidentally splash any on them. It can also harm some of the surfaces you are trying to clean. Sometimes the damage is obvious right away, and sometimes it happens gradually. Damage that isn’t visible to the naked eye speeds up wear and tear. It also shortens the lifespan of the very item you’re trying to take good care of.
  • It’s a messy hassle. When you’re trying to use bleach to clean up mold and mildew, you wind up having to find a container to dilute the bleach in, and then either pouring it directly onto the mold and mildew, or wiping it on with a rag. During this process, you risk splashing bleach on your clothes or other things. Then you have to scrub, which is a big hassle. After all this, you have to rinse the bleach away. This leaves a wet mess behind, which you then have to figure out how to dry up. Because we all know how much mold and mildew love a nice, wet space!
  • It doesn’t stop mold and mildew from growing back. Not only does bleach lack any ingredients that would stop mold and mildew from growing back, but bleach is also mostly comprised of water. You also need to add even more water to bleach before you use it to clean mold and mildew. This reduces the risk of damaging the surface you’re cleaning. And, to top it all off, you have to rinse the surface with water afterwards. Using bleach to clean mold and mildew keeps you trapped in a clean-and-clean-again cycle. This is because mold and mildew grow back almost immediately after you put your bleach and scrub brush away.
  • It’s smelly. When you clean up mold and mildew with bleach, you replace mold’s musty odor with bleach’s acrid chemical stink. First, you have to deal with the eye-and-nose-stinging chemical odor while you’re cleaning, and then you and your family are left with the lingering unpleasant smell that takes days to dissipate. Why trade one stink for another?
  • You don’t know how much to dilute it. Bleach is an all-purpose sort of chemical which wasn’t designed specifically to clean mold and mildew. You have to dilute it first, and you’re always left feeling a little bit uncertain about how much water to add. Add too little water, and you risk destroying something. Add too much, and you risk leaving mold and mildew behind, or even winding up with more mold and mildew than you started out with.

basement mold

Wet & Forget Indoor to the Rescue!

Wet & Forget Indoor will beat bleach on every count, hands-down. Here’s why:

  • It’s safe. Non-abrasive Wet & Forget Indoor is safe to use on a wide variety of hard, non-porous surfaces*. Some of the surfaces where Wet & Forget Indoor gets the job done include: bathtubs, walls, finished woodwork, boats, glazed ceramic, plastic upholstery, and garbage cans. Click here to see more surfaces where you can use Wet & Forget Indoor!
  • It’s cinch! Eliminating mold and mildew with Wet & Forget Indoor couldn’t be easier. Simply spray, wait ten minutes, and wipe.* That’s it! No mixing, no rinsing, no pouring, no scrubbing. No hassle! Click here for more information.
  • It inhibits mold and mildew re-growth. One of the worst things about mold and mildew is its stubborn ability to keep growing back as long as there is moisture available. Unlike bleach, Wet & Forget Indoor is specially formulated to inhibit mold and mildew re-growth, so you aren’t stuck cleaning and re-cleaning all the time. You’re welcome!
  • It smells clean and fresh. Wet & Forget Indoor kills the odor-causing bacteria that create that disgusting musty stench that is such a large part of mold’s unpleasant nature, and you don’t have to pay for it by punishing your nose with a stinging chemical odor, either. After taking away mold’s nasty odor, Wet & Forget Indoor leaves behind a subtle, fresh, clean scent that’s pleasant instead of punishing.
  • No need to dilute it–Wet & Forget Indoor is ready to go! While bleach leaves you uncertain about how much water to add, Wet & Forget Indoor is ready for action right out of the box. Just attach the nozzle, and spray! Our award-winning high-efficiency sprayer makes your job even easier, making the job over before you know it.

*Rinse all surfaces that come in contact with food such as countertops, appliances, tables and stovetops with potable water before reuse. Do not use on utensils, glassware or dishes.

Photos courtesy of Karen Apricot.

http://www.wetandforget.com/store-finder-wet-and-forget.html