We’re now into the 7th week of the Wet & Forget Great Backyard Giveaway .
This weeks drinks and eats are focused on your 4th of July celebrations.
DRINK OF THE WEEK
For the Kids- American Flag!
Requires: clear glass, cranberry juice, Sprite, Blue Hawaiian Punch, ice, beverage umbrella
If you’re looking for a cute drink to make the kids this 4th of July here’s a really simple option they’ll love!
- Fill a clear glass with ice
- Pour cranberry juice in 1/3 of the glass
- Fill the next 1/3 of the glass with Blue Hawaiian Punch
- Fill the remaining with Sprite
- Top off the drink with a cute beverage umbrella or drink swords with fruit
For the Adults- American Flag!
Requires: vodka or creme de cacao, red grenadine, blue curacao, clear martini glass, coconut shaving
Here’s another simple drink for the adults that’s quite festive:
- Add blue curacao to the bottom 1/3 of the martini glass
- Invert a large spoon and slowly, very slowly, pour the red grenadine into the glass until the glass is 2/3 full
- Using the inverted spoon very slowly fill the remaining of the glass with your favorite vodka or you can use a creme de cacao
- Garnish with a coconut shaving and enjoy!
FROM THE GRILL
For the Kids- Sprite Hotdogs!
Our kid recipe doesn’t go on the grill but they will thank you for spending just a few minutes in the kitchen. Ever wonder how hotdog vendors make those amazing hotdogs you crave? We’ve got the secret recipe for you!
Requires: hotdogs, 2 Liters of Sprite, hotdog buns, and your favorite condiments
- Add 4 cups of Sprite and 8 hotdogs to a stockpot.
- Bring Sprite and hotdogs to a boil over a burner. Let them boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve on hotdog bun and add your favorite condiments
For the Adults- Grilled Colby and Bacon Chicken Breasts!
This recipe will be a real hit at your 4th of July parties!
Requires: 6 chicken breasts, 12 slices of bacon, 6 slices of colby cheese, salt, pepper, lemon pepper, toothpicks, hamburger buns (optional)
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon pepper to your chicken breasts
- Wrap each breast in 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks
- Grill chicken on medium heat for 6-8 minutes each side, or until insides are no longer pink
- When chicken is done add colby cheese to the top and keep on grill until cheese is melted.
- Serve chicken on its own or serve on a hamburger bun. Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks!!!
Do you have any favorite recipes you’d like to share with us? You can post them to our Facebook page or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post them for you!
(Photo courtesy of cyclonebill)