Summertime brings warm weather as well as many reasons to celebrate. Whether you’re hosting a pool party, birthday party, or even a wedding reception; a lemonade bar is an excellent way to give any special occasion a festive touch. Guests will enjoy the festivities and warm weather even more with a cool, refreshing summer beverage in hand. These easy DIY ideas are perfect for entertaining, and we’ve got something for both kids and adults to enjoy.
DIY Drink Umbrellas
Paper drink umbrellas are a great way to give any refreshing drink a little something extra. Of course, you can pick these up at any local party store, but why not impress your guests with a homemade version? DIY umbrellas are a memorable way to add a personal touch to any party. These only take a couple minutes, and are so easy to make that anyone can do it. Use different colored or patterned paper to suit the theme of the event if you’re feeling extra creative. Follow this simple DIY tutorial and you’ll have your own drink umbrellas in no time.
- Sturdy paper or card stock
- Use the bottom of a glass to trace a circle onto your paper.
- Cut out the circle and fold it in half.
- Unfold it, and fold it in half to create a perpendicular crease.
- Unfold again and make another crease that’s diagonal to the first cross. Repeat these steps until you have eight creases.
- Cut out small almond shapes between each crease on the edges of the circle to create a scalloped effect.
- Cut a slit down the edge of one of the creases all the way to the center of the circle.
- Take the two edges and make them overlap to create an umbrella shape. Add a small piece of tape beneath the overlap to keep both sides in place.
- Poke a toothpick through the top of the umbrella and you’re all done!
Bring something new to the table with a unique twist on classic lemonade and try out this recipe! You’ll need to use a blender that has a puree or a high pulse setting. This recipe makes enough lemonade for 12 people.
- 8 large strawberries, halved
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Put strawberries in a blender.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Pour in 1 cup of water.
- Blend until liquid.
- Combine the mixture with 6 cups of water, 1 cup of sugar, and 2 cups of lemon juice in a large pitcher. Stir until blended.
- Chill before serving, garnish with any extra strawberries, and enjoy!
Beat the heat with this frozen lemonade that your guests will be sure to enjoy! Quench your thirst with a frozen lemonade on those extra hot summer days. This recipe makes enough frozen lemonade for 12 people.
- 3½ cups water
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 12 lemon wedges for serving
- Boil the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Let it cool.
- Mix the sugar syrup and lemon juice in a 9 x 13-inch non-reactive baking dish. Cover, and freeze overnight.
- Use a fork to break up the frozen lemonade into pieces and put them in a large bowl. Use a whisk to break up the chunks until you have a slushy mixture.
- Divide the mixture into glasses. Squeeze a lemon wedge into each glass, drop it in and serve right away.
Spiked Mint Lemonade
Relax this summer with an icy glass of spiked mint lemonade! This recipe serves 2-3 people.
- 6 lemons
- 1 ½ liters cold water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz vodka
- Juice the lemons, and add the juice to a pitcher.
- Lightly bruise the mint leaves to bring out the flavor, use a mortar and pestle or another bruising tool. Add them to the pitcher.
- Mix the sugar, water and vodka into the pitcher. Add ice and stir. Lemonade can be stored in the fridge for a couple days.
Entertaining guests can be stressful. Get ready ahead of time by making sure your home is prepared for summer with Wet & Forget Outdoor. Wet & Forget Outdoor removes moss, mold, mildew, and algae on your outdoor living spaces. Wet & Forget can be used to clean your porch, awnings, patio furniture, deck, and more. Wet & Forget makes cleaning quick and easy, so you can focus on hosting a spectacular summer get-together!